Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Klancy's (Infamous Jak)Top 9 Anticipated Films of 2014

Klancy, one of the co-host of The Podcast and also known as Infamous Jak, has list his top 9 least anticipated films of the year. Now that he has gotten that out of the way, it is time for his top 9 most anticipated films. I'll let Klancy explain the rest:

Alright, we got the bad films out of the way. Now it’s time to take a look at the films that actually look good.

9: How To Train Your Dragon 2

So this movie stars a young Viking who rides on a dragon and has a sword that he lights on fire. For a guy name Hiccup, he is kind of a badass.

But in all seriousness, the first How To was a serious surprise for me, and is in my mind, DreamWorks strongest film to date. I’m really hoping that this sequel will live up to my hype, and if the early footage we saw is any indicator, it should be.

8: The Raid 2 Berandel 

If you haven’t seen the first Raid, go out and watch it now. It is one of the single best action movies you will ever see. In truth my first 3 spots on this list are here for the same reason. The last entry was so good that I can’t wait to see what the sequel brings to the table

7: The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1
Last year’s Catching Fire ended up being a major surprise for me and I put it fairly high on my best of the year list. Ending on a well-executed cliff hanger, I’m really curious to see how this film picks up from there.

6: Jane Got A Gun
I love westerns. That alone would probably give this film a spot on my list, but with a cast featuring both Natalie Portman and Joel Edgerton (one of the most underrated actors working today) and being directed by the talented Gavin O’ Connor, I have high hopes for this film.

5: Guardians of the Galaxy
The Guardians are my favorite superhero team. That being said I never expected to see them to get even a cameo, let alone their own movie. So I’m really glad to see that Marvel is willing to take risk with their films and not just release films featuring the big guns. If we had any real footage for the film, it probably would have made it higher on this list, but until then it gets the number 5 spot.

4: Captain America The Winter Soldier
Speaking of favorite comic books getting made into a movie, the original Winter Solider arc is one of my top 5 five storylines in comics. Actually, between this, Guardians, X-men and Spider-man this is shaping up to be a great year for comic book films. The first trailer got me super hype and the extra footage I saw before Thor 2 made me even more excited. April can’t get here soon enough.

3: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Damn, now that’s how you do a teaser. I honestly don’t want to see any more footage from this film; this little teaser has already sold the film for me.

2: Muppets Most Wanted
Anyone who has been following me for more than two minutes knew this was going to make my list, and were probably expecting it to take the top spot. In case this is your first time reading one of my blogs, I am a huge Muppet fan. I love these characters, I really enjoyed the last movie, and I think this next one looks pretty funny. When it comes time to see this movie, I will be the first person in line.

1: The Hobbit There And Back Again
This is the only film on the list that I’m not worried about disappointing. After 5 excellent movies, I don’t think it’s possible for them to screw up the last entry. Despite already knowing how everything is going to wrap up thanks to reading the book, I’m really looking forward to seeing the final chapter of this epic series.

Well, those are my picks. Feel free to share your own down below. Until next time.

Thanks Klancy for lending your lists to this blog. Hopefully there will be more to come. While not to take away from Klancy's article, you may be wondering what are my anticipated films this year. Well I will reveal them next week in a vlog. Stay tune to find out what movies I am looking forward to; only on Something Cinematic: For Moviegoers, By Moviegoers.

No comments:

Post a Comment