Tuesday, October 24, 2017

SC Updates (10/24/17): Developments on Posts, Patreon and More!

Greetings. It's been a while since my last post so I thought it would be good to post a quick update about this blog and everything pertaining to Something Cinematic. First off I apologize for the inconsistency of post this years. Things have been hectic and it has been difficult to balance between making new content and the rest of my  work. Nevertheless I'm working on getting my schedule organized and hopefully I should have time to do both.

Blogs
I have quite few updates on my written content. In the past there were times where I would make post on the news and other topics. However I felt like those posts never gained enough interest or attention-especially when it came to new posts. However after giving it some thought, and realizing that the passage of time is more effective than I thought, I have decided to post more articles on this site. This will include new stories (particularly breaking news) and a new series entitled the Something Series. This series will include titles such as "Something Heroic", Something Far Far Away and Something Animated and they deal with topics in their respected genre. This will be a weekly series. Last and certainly not least are the reviews and editorials. I am trying to improve on my reviewing skills which is why there has been some changes in my recent reviews. In any case I still plan on making reviews and I'm considering posting at least two a week. I certainly have a back log building up this year and even some reviews written up (although they need to be edited); so you can expect multiple reviews a week for the last months of 2017.

Videos
Along with my written content is none other then my video content. I have been wanting to get back to series such as Cinematic Adventures but it has been difficult getting back to it due my busy schedule. While I cannot make any guarantees I will say that I am planning on getting back to video making soon. I have a whole season of Cinematic Adventures planned out and I have other projects in the work. When it comes to this site I will be taking a new means in posting videos. Due to Youtube's policy I will be sharing videos through my Google drive account. This way viewers can see videos such as Cinematic Adventures without any concerns of videos being blocked. One review in particular, Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods, can already be seen on this site as it was blocked worldwide a few months ago. I also plan to get back to podcasting soon and hopefully (just like the videos) it will be sooner rather than later.

Patreon
This is not as prevalent but I figured I would bring it up anyways. For those who don't know I do have a patreon page and I have been trying to kick off the campaign for sometime now. However I have not had a lot of time to work on it. I still plan on making the campaign a thing but until I can get things sorted out I must ask people to refrain from making any pledges. I don't want people giving me money only for me not to live up to my promises. Hopefully I will have this campaign figured out sooner rather than later, and once I do I will make a post about it. Also I would to thanks those who have made pledges and apologize for not being able to live up to my promises.

Site Update
I will be updating the site soon. I need to update particular pages and make additional changes to the site's design. No guarantee when this will happen so keep an eye open for any changes on this site.

That's all for now. I would ask you to please be patient with me as I move forward with this site and the brand as a whole. With any luck I will be posting again in no time and get Something Cinematic moving in the right direction; or at the very least get things going to  a steady pace.  Thanks for your time.






No comments:

Post a Comment