Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rumor Roundup: Hateful Eight Canceled! Updates on Dark Tower and the Fantastic Four

I'm just as surprised as you are. Well, it's time for Klancy and another edition to Rumor Roundup.


Hateful Eight CANCELED?!

DAMN IT PEOPLE, DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU’VE DONE! For those who haven’t heard, Quentin Tarantino’s script to his recently announced projected The Hateful Eight has been leaked. If you were at all curious about the project, you better go read the script because we won’t be seeing it on the big screen. It seems that Tarantino is so upset about this leak that he has canceled the project altogether, saying

"I give it out to six people and if I can’t trust them to that degree, then I have no desire to make it. I’ll publish it. I’m done. I’ll move on to the next thing.”

Words cannot describe how upset I am to hear this news. Oh sure, I’ll probably pick up the book when it’s published, but I needed this movie to be made. Do you have any idea how hard it is being a Western fan? At the very best we get one new film a year, and Hollywood has more misses than hits with genre as of late. I was really looking forward to seeing what one of the best in Hollywood had planned, but thanks to this script leak it seems I will never see his vision on the big screen. Now Tarantino has said that it is possible he may reconsider after some time has passed, but for now he has already moved on to his next project, which he was apparently working on simultaneously with the now canceled Hateful Eight. But I wouldn’t expect to hear any news on what it is for a while now.  

Script to Fantastic Four Complete:
More bad news for anyone who was hoping Marvel Studios would get the rights back as news came from Fox that the rewrites on the Fantastic Four reboot have been completed and they are now tested actors for the roles of Reed Richards and Sue Storm. Roughly a half dozen names are rumored to be in talks but I don’t see much point in discussing any of them until we have more concert information. 

Is a Dark Tower Film Finally Coming?
Finally we have an update on The Dark Tower project which has been in development hell for the last 8 years. While at Sundance, Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul confirmed the news that he has meet several times with Ron Howard about playing Eddie Dean in the adaptation which is supposed to be split between 3 movies and a possible television tie in. I’m not overly, familiar with this character, having only read one Dark Tower story and he didn’t appear in it, but while researching the character, I have to say this seems like somewhat obvious casting. The character of Eddie Dean is initially introduced as a drug addict, so the film maker are going to have bring their A game if they don’t want fans to be constantly reminded of Breaking Bad. That’s not to say Paul isn’t more than capable of pulling off the role, I’d just like to see him try something different personally. But again, I’m not familiar with the character of Eddie, so if you have, let me know, is Eddie different enough from Jesse Pinkman for this casting to work, or should the filmmakers be looking in another direction?





Fandango New Original Series

No comments:

Post a Comment