Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trailer to Guillermo del Toro's Mama

Last Week featured the first trailer to the film "Mama", the latest film produced by Guillermo del Toro. Now when Del Toro's name is attached to a movie, it usually means that the film can be from one particular genre: Horror. Mama fits right with horror film produced by Del Toro as the gritty looking film tells the story of two young girls are brought out of the wilderness to live with their uncle. However, there is just one problem with this change: they weren't alone. This supernatural thriller stars Jessica Chastain as the lead character. 

Now I've seen my fair share of horror films as well as catching the trailers that went with them. So I will be the first to admit that this trailer is incredibly creepy. I may get the usual startle from the jump scares, but it usually never affects me. This trailer actually had me turn away in the theater. I think the reason behind the fear factor of this trailer is just the subtlety surrounding the preview. Then again, it could just be me. 

What do you think about this trailer? Do find it to be creepy or is it just another horror trailer? Feel free judge for yourself.

"Mama" will be hitting theaters next January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment