Monday, November 11, 2013

Something Cinematic 2013 Holiday Picks

The Holidays are upon us.  As we eagerly await the festive times, so to do moviegoers eagerly wait this season's cinematic lineup.  From the next chapters to historic dramas, the 2013 holiday season is packed with variety and big time films. To honor the season, a handful of moviegoers have pick which movies they are looking forward in the next two months.  So without further delay, here is Something Cinematic's 2013 Holiday Picks.

Klancy's (Infamous Jak) Pick: The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug
The film that I’m looking forward to the most this winter is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Why you may ask, well simple, look at the films that came before it. The Fellowship of the Ring was awesome. The Two Towers was awesome. The Return of the King was awesome. An Unexpected Journey was (wait for it) awesome. With the second movie in the Hobbit trilogy we are getting into the heart of the book where the most memorable scenes are and if the trailers are any indicator, Peter Jackson and crew more than nailed it. Plus the film is introducing a kickass redhead, which I think we all can agree is a good thing.

Dave's (Brekclub85) Pick: Frozen
After having been thoroughly impressed by Wreck-it Ralph last Fall, I am looking forward to Disney's next animated movie. The visuals look gorgeous, and from what I'm seeing in the trailers, it looks like there is going to be some genuine emotion to this film.

Moviefan12's Pick: Saving Mr.Banks
The film, I am most looking forward to this Holiday season is Saving Mr. Banks. I have been looking forward to this film since I learned of its developments, early last year. I’ll admit I was at first resistant towards this film because being a lifelong Disney fan, I couldn’t picture any actor as Walt Disney but after seeing the trailers and seeing Tom Hanks as Walt, I was convinced that he will be a great Walt Disney. There are so many other things besides Hanks’ performance that I am looking forward to such as the fact they actually shot parts of the film in Disneyland and the Studios. I’ll honestly admit that when I first saw the trailer, I squeed, clapped and found myself doing the Snoopy dance. I hope this film lives up to my expectations and I feel that it will.   

T-Kun's Pick: Walking With Dinosaurs
If there is a movie that caught my movie enjoying mind is "Walking With Dinosaurs". A CGI plus 3D (optional) documentary on the larger than life animals that ran the earth way before we did. Also showing the underdogs those dinos that lived past all odds surviving through their times. With me being such a dino fan, I think the film will be great in it's own way. If it stays a documentary and no talking animals show up, it will be a good film. Coming out on Dec 20, 2013. ------- Here's the linkhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt1762399/

G@BRIEL GR@Y's Pick: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Well there are a few movies I'm looking forward to, however I think for the holiday season, there is nothing better than having another slice of Middle Earth to escape into. Peter Jackson while taking liberty with the source material of J R R Tolkien, is certainly respectful and creating an engaging and wondrous landscape. I recommend that everyone check out the extended cut of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Yes it was already to long, however this version fixes a lot of issues with the theatrical release. Jarring edits, poor digital grading, and crucially, the pacing of the film itself. It's a vast improvement. The Desolation of Smaug is where the meat of The Hobbit will actually be told, and what I'm hearing about There and Back Again leads me to believe the third entry will be quite possibly the most epic of all of Jacksons Middle Earth entries. Christmas just isn't Christmas without Middle Earth.

Tim's Pick: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
As much as I hate to play the same song, I can't help it: my pick is The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Since director Peter Jackson brought Middle Earth to big screen, I've become a fan of Hobbits, One Rings and just Fantasy Epic. While it was more of a adventure then an epic, An Unexpected Journey was a treat last year as it showed us that Middle Earth had a lot to offer the movie world. The stakes are raised in The Desolation of Smaug. From watching the trailers, the story appears to escalate in this film, with the likes of the Elves and Gandalf's subplot helping to expand the prequel's tale. If anything, I will be on the edge of my seat all the way through til I see the dragon Smaug on the big screen. With so many things to look forward to, all I can really say is that the next chapter in the Hobbit Trilogy could be adventure of the holiday season. December 13th cannot come any sooner. 

While a lot of  us here on Something Cinematic are looking forward to The Desolation of Smaug, there are still plenty of films to look forward to. From Disney's next animated film, to seeing whether or not Martin Scorsese 's Wolf of Wall Street will make to its Christmas release date, the holiday season will have  plenty to offer. So which movie are you looking forward to? 


No comments:

Post a Comment